Nature Conservation Egypt
Terms of Reference
Position: Wadi Degla Virtual Museum Project Manager
NCE is looking for a part-time project manager for the Wadi Degla Virtual Museum (WDVM) project to plan and coordinate the project’s events and activities, starting February 2019.
Nature Conservation Egypt (NCE) is an Egyptian NGO working towards conserving Egypt’s natural heritage and the promotion of its sustainable use, for the benefit of of present and future generations. Established in 2005 by a number of Egypt’s leading experts in the field of nature and biodiversity conservation, NCE is specialised in scientific research, advocacy, education and outreach to support species, their habitats, and local communities. NCE works in partnership with local experts and governmental bodies, as well as international organisations and partnerships to ensure efficient collaboration for conservation within and across borders.
Wadi Degla Virtual Museum is one of NCE’s recent projects. It is a pioneering educational experience that provides environmental, historical, and geological awareness to curious nature-lovers in a mobile and dynamic environment. With a fresh voice, WDVM inspires and informs its users about the importance of the Wadi Degla protectorate. Using Virtual Reality (VR) technology as a means to bring the public closer to nature, WDVM documents, visualises, and reproduces educational material about the protected area in the form of three 360-videos, covering the following topics:
1. The Geological History of Wadi Degla
2. The Biodiversity and Ecosystems of Wadi Degla
3. The Nature-friendly activities in Wadi Degla
Wadi Degla Virtual Museum uses the latest VR display technology to display its videos in unique mobile spaces that will be moving across Egypt to share the experience with as many audience as possible. All the videos are available in both Arabic and English.
Wadi Degla Virtual Museum is funded by the Global Environmental Facility’s (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP), with co-funding from NCE. Wadi Degla Virtual Museum is implemented in collaboration with the Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA) and Egypt’s Protected Areas Self-Financing Project (EPASP).
The project manager will be responsible for the following:
- Develop a project plan for 2019-2020
- Coordinate the execution of events and activities as per the project plan
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders and create sustainable partnerships for the project
- Liaise with NCE’s communications team regarding the project’s social media marketing and its visual communication
- Ensure the sustainability of the project post 2019
Why do it?
- You are passionate about nature conservation
- You are enthusiastic about education and awareness raising through technology
- You are a skilled project manager
Are we a match?
A. Technical skills
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience
- Experience in the education sector is preferable
- Experience in a non-profit organization is preferable
- Ability to create and modify documents, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Ability to create technical reports and conduct monitoring and evaluation
B. Functional & Soft skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Ability to plan and effectively communicate activities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Openness for learning
- Proactivity and flexibility
- Position: Wadi Degla Virtual Museum Project Manager
- Engagement: Part-time
- Location: Cairo
- Contract: Preferred starting date in February 2019
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning your available start date and why this job interests you. Deadline for application: 26 January, 2019.