Terms of Reference: Strategic & Operational Plan Development Consultancy
Nature Conservation Egypt (NCE) is an Egyptian non-governmental organisation (NGO), specialising in the conservation of Egypt’s biodiversity and natural heritage. Established in 2005, NCE approaches conservation through advocacy, research, capacity building, awareness-raising, educational activities, as well as legislative and policy-based approaches to conservation.
NCE seeks a consultant to facilitate the development of a strategic & operational plan for the organization for the period (2019-2024).
Consultancy duration: March to May 2019.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assess NCE’s operational environment through preliminary questionnaires with relevant stakeholders
- Identify key stakeholders to participate in NCE’s strategic planning workshop
- Work closely with NCE managerial team to define the workshop agenda as per BirdLife International guidelines for partners on preparing strategic and operational plans
- Facilitate a 2-day workshop for NCE staff members, board members and key stakeholders to define NCE’s strategic goals & action plan in alignment with the national biodiversity strategy and action plan (NBSAP), and BirdLife strategy 2013-2020
- Coordinate the workshop’s logistics, including choice of venue, catering, email invitations, facilitation kit, etc
- Draft and finalise NCE’s strategic plan for the period 2019-2023
- PESTLE analysis of the operational environment
- Stakeholder analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Vision & Mission statements
- Organisational value set
- Strategic conservation goals & areas of work
- SMART objectives and actions for each strategic goal
- Key Performance Indicators of the action plan
- Major risks in each key priority area
- Developing an operation plan
- Resources needed to achieve actions and goals (human, financial, material)
- Experience in strategy development and workshops facilitation for NGOs and non-profit organizations
- Experience in the nature conservation is preferrable
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic
- Willingness to travel locally
To Apply: Please send your CV & preliminary financial proposal to email@example.com before the 1st of March, 2019. Please write “Strategy Development Consultant” in the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for understanding.